- This event has passed.
Wirt Malti (for schools)
22 March 2017 - 7 April 2017| €5
From the Spazju Kreattiv 2015 programme
Wednesday 22nd March 2017, 9.30AM
Thursday 23rd March 2017, 9.30AM
Wednesday 29th March 2017, 9.30AM
Thursday 30th March 2017, 9.30AM & 11.30AM
Tuesday 4th April 2017, 9.30AM
Wednesday 5th April 2017, 9.30AM
Venue: Cinema (St James Cavalier)
Through a collaboration between Spazju Kreattiv, Akkademja tal-Malti and Soundscapes, ‘Wirt Malti’ has opened its doors to secondary schools students (Form 1 and 2) for an exciting and informative activity revolving around a number of typical Maltese cultural facets, particularly those of music and story-telling.
This activity is composed of two sections:
- A presentation and discussion by Ruben Zahra about traditional Maltese instruments, followed up by a demonstration of a number of these instruments.
- A screening of a digital 3D animation, Ħrejjef, about four Maltese tales.
But be aware – places are super limited, so it would be wise not to leave it until the last minute!
Some other short, yet important notes:
The price for this activity does not include transportation costs to and from the schools. (These are to be organised by the shcools themselves.)
Teachers and LSA teachers assisting the students are welcome to join free of charge.
Ħrejjef – the four aimated short films, were commissioned by Żigużajg Arts Festival for Children & Young People and Soundscapes back in 2012.
This event is open only to schools. If interested, kindly fill in the form by clicking here.
St James Cavalier
Castille Place, Valletta VLT1060 Malta
- Spazju Kreattiv
- 10-13 (Form 1 and 2)
- Creative Team
- Soundscapes (Production), Ruben Zahra (Music), Martin Bonniċi (Animation), Trevor Zahra (script)
- With the participation of
- Joseph Galea (narrator), Tricia Dawn Williams (pianist), Nel Pace (Production design)