Call for Participants: Embracing the Sustainable Development Goals through Creative Arts
Train the Trainer Dance Workshop
Teacher! Artist! Group Facilitator! Anyone who’s interested in the combination of creative movement and equality!
We have been working on a Dance Education Package that uses movement to explore the themes of gender equality and quality in education and we would love to share it with you!Click here to download the Dance Education Package
It’s packed with warm-ups, choreographic scores and creative ways of engaging students in the conversation! The aim is to harness attitudes that support an egalitarian society that can hold the space for the diversity in all of us. The package was created with 8-15 year old students in mind, however the material is adaptable to different age groups. Participants of the workshop will be given a working pack to facilitate their practices and the opportunity to put some of these ideas in action.
If you are interested in learning more about how these different elements can come together in a classroom, book your space for a three hour train the trainer workshop at Spazju Kreattiv, Studio A by filling in the form in your preferred date and time:
Registration closing day: Monday, 18th October 2021
About the workshop leader:
Rachel Calleja is a Trainee Creative psychotherapist who works with groups and individuals using creativity as an expressive tool for inner worlds. Rachel also works as a freelance creative practitioner, educator and community artist. She has a special interest in improvisation, inclusive practices and the connection between arts and healing. Rachel has studied for a B.A in Dance Studies and B. Psychology Hons at the University of Malta as well as for an MSc in Creative Psychotherapy at Edge Hill University (UK).
About the project:
This project addresses the United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), focusing on three in particular: #14 Life Below Water – to conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas, and marine resources for sustainable development, #4 Quality Education – to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all, and #5 Gender Equality- to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
All of this will be achieved through three Creative Art forms; digital games, storytelling and dance in order to raise awareness of these global issues through innovative methods of learning whilst in an informal environment.
Venue: Spazju Kreattiv, Studio A
The workshops will abide by Covid-19 Health and Safety Regulations:
- All patrons attending events at Spazju Kreattiv must present full vaccine certification at point of entry.
- To maintain social distancing, the workshops are limited to 7 participants per workshop
- Spazju Kreattiv reserves the right to refuse entry onto the premises to patrons if they are visibly unwell or have respiratory symptoms.
- Participants are subjected to temperature checks at the entrance for the presence of fever (persons with a temperature of 37.2 Celsius or higher will be denied entrance).
- Adequate and easily accessible hand sanitisers at the entrance of the premises and in common areas are in place: patrons are to sanitise their hands prior to entrance.
- Patrons must wear masks or visors while on the premises.
- Participants should maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres from other individuals/groups.