BE PART OF THIS YEAR’S 27 TIMES CINEMA!
Launched jointly in 2010 by the European Parliament’s LUX Audience Award, Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema will welcome 27 young filmgoers who will represent a film theatre of the Europa Cinemas network as well as one of the 27 member states of the European Union.
27 Times Cinema will take place during the Giornate degli Autori (31 August – 10 September 2022) at the Venice Film Festival. This great initiative will make the dream of 27 young European moviegoers to attend the Venice Film Festival come true! The 27 youngsters will be part of the Giornate degli Autori Jury and will award a prize to the best film of this year’s selection.
Who can participate ?
- Regular moviegoers, passionate about cinema, aged between 18 – 25 years
- Good communicators active on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat)
- Good writing skills (articles and blogs)
- Have skills in podcasting, blogging, video editing, photography or any other communication tool
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken) to actively take part in the discussions about the films with film professionals,
- Can write professional articles and blog posts
How to apply ?
- Shoot a video where you explain what you love in cinema. Start your video saying “Cinema for me is…”
- Video should be shot in English
- In high resolution (full HD: 1920×1080 px) and with an excellent audio recording, in a well lit room/with a well-lit background
- Duration: 30 seconds
- The following information should be visible in the video: Name of the candidate and country of origin,
- Fill in the online form here – https://form.jotformeu.com/EuropaCinemas/27TCForm2022
- The video should be sent via Wetransfer
- Submit your online application form and video to Spazju Kreattiv Cinema by Monday 23rd May at NOON by emailing it to email@example.com
- Your email title should be 27 Times Cinema + Your Name
What happens if you are the lucky one?
- Prepare your trip to Venice!
- You win a flight ticket to Venice and get free accommodation in the Lido where the festival takes place. You’ll be offered a free festival accreditation (giving priority access to the Giornate degli Autori screenings).
You should commit yourself to:
- Be present in Venice before the start of the festival, from Tuesday 30 August to Sunday 11 September 2022 (festival dates: 31 August-10 September),
- Be a jury member for the films competing for Giornate degli Autori,
- Take part in round-table discussions, masterclasses and workshops focused on improving your communication skills as influencer to be actively involved in raising awareness of the LUX Audience Award,
- Contribute to Europa Cinemas website and social networks,
- Promote the new LUX Audience Award after the festival using the skills learned in Venice,
- Attend and help organise events in the frame of the LUX Audience Award (mainly January-May of the following year),
- Be available to participate in the LUX Selection panel for the 2023 edition (1-2 days between June-September).