Ħarsa ta’ Kristu
March 23 - March 31| €16 | Tickets
Guilt – Doubt – Secret
Dates and Times:
Friday 23, Saturday 24, Sunday 25, Tuesday 27, Wednesday 28, Saturday 31 March 2018 at 8.00PM
Friday 30 March 2018 at 10.30AM
Venue: Theatre (St James Cavalier)
Every person hides behind a mask, mirroring those wearing Good Friday procession masks, with covered faces while carrying thick chains tied to their feet. A part of tradition, amateurism, fanaticism… but it could also be through a sense of guilt. Who hides behind that piece of cloth, which only uncovers a pair of eyes behind two holes?
The story takes us to Seville, Spain, where two Maltese couples meet during an excursion, where they go to attend the famous processions in this Spanish city during Good Friday. Four people, each one wearing his own mask. Each one carrying his own past. Each one with his own secrets. In every character, there are stories hidden even from their closest acquaintance. Hidden from the same person who spends their entire life with them.
This story is an interplay between realism and that which is surreal. Between that which appears, and that which is hidden. A story where one loses control over his own desires. A story in which only the eyes speak.
St James Cavalier
Castille Place, Valletta VLT1060 Malta
- Spazju Kreattiv – Fondazzjoni Kreattività, St James Cavalier, Valletta
- Twist Media & Entertainment
- 75 min
- Creative Team
- Joseph Galea (Production and Writing); Carlos Farrugia (Production and Direction); Carmel S. Aquilina (Artistic consultant); Jo Christine Scicluna (Psychology consultant)
- With the participation of
- Carlos Farrugia, Antonella Galea Loffreda, Aaron Fenech, Lorianne Bugeja, Gilbert Mallia, Stefan Bezzina, Steve Cilia u Gilbert Mallia (Actors); Roxana Dimech (Dancer and Choreographer); Adrian Bartolo (Lighting design); Ryan Galea u Holger Camilleri (Technicians)