- This event has passed.
Met Opera in Cinema 2017/2018 – Die Zauberflöte (Encores)
2 November 2017 - 5 November 2017| €12 - €15 | Tickets
Dates and Times:
Encore: Thursday, 2 November, 2017 at 7:00 PM
Matinee: Sunday, 5 November, 2017 at 2:30 PM
Venue: Cinema (St James Cavalier)
Die Zauberflöte—a sublime fairy tale that moves freely between earthy comedy and noble mysticism. The story is told in a Singspiel (“song-play”) format characterized by separate musical numbers connected by dialogue and stage activity, an excellent structure for navigating the diverse moods, ranging from solemn to lighthearted, of the story and score.
The composer and the librettist were both Freemasons—the fraternal order whose membership is held together by shared moral and metaphysical ideals—and Masonic imagery is used throughout the work. The story, however, is as universal as any fairy tale.
Full Season Ticket: €145 (Discounted rate instead of €180)
ENCORES (including Matinee)
Adults: €15 and concessions (students and senior citizens): €12
Full Season Ticket: €120 (Discounted rate instead of €150)
St James Cavalier
Castille Place, Valletta VLT1060 Malta
- Spazju Kreattiv – Fondazzjoni Kreattività, St James Cavalier, Valletta
- 220 min
- German (with English subtitles)
- Creative Team
- James Levine (Conductor), Julie Taymor (Production), George Tsypin (Set Designer), Julie Taymor (Costume Designer), Donald Holder (Lighting Designer), Julie Taymor and Michael Curry (Puppet Designers), Mark Dendy (Choreographer)
- With the participation of
- Golda Schultz (Pamina), Kathryn Lewek (Queen of the Night), Charles Castronovo (Tamino), Markus Werba (Papageno), Christian Van Horn (Sprecher), Sarastro (René Pape)
March 31 @ 6:55 pm - 10:30 pm
April 26 - May 13